Saturday, November 06, 2004

Why "The 50 Foot Cat"

As this is the first post, I thought I might go ahead and make a few comments about my BLOG's name, "The 50 Foot Cat".

In 1991, Haydee and I made a trip to Thailand. Having been on temporary duty there several weeks earlier, I had arranged for a charter on a 50 foot catamaran, complete with a captain and his boat boy/cook. Though we were only on board for a week, this week marks the most relaxing vacation I have ever had.

There is also a small double entendre in the name. I think of myself as a very stable guy with big ideas, who runs fast before the wind if handled properly - just like a large catamaran.

One day, I would like to retire to the sea with Haydee and cruise the oceans on - you guessed it - a 50 Foot Cat!

1 Comments:

At 5:10 PM , Blogger The Cat said...

Gee Haydee and I finally put our heads together and came up with that "50 Foot Catamaran"'s name and then did a websearch. Guess what we found!! Here is a link to 'Catcall'!!

http://www.pattayamail.com/219/features.htm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home