Sunday, December 05, 2004

David says the darndest things

This is a true story that happened a few years ago.

Our family was watching the Miami - St. Louis game. In order to promote a bit of good natured rivalry, our common practice is to flip for a team to root for. My wife got Miami and I got St. Louis. With my wife hooting and hollering for Miami, my five year old son was getting very excited and started hollering for Miami too. When the final gun sounded and realizing that Miami had just won, he bounded over to my wife and exclaimed, "Mommy, Mommy, R-ami won!!"

And another one.

Recently, my mother and I had a disagreement over the phone. After an hour, I decided I didn't want to continue fighting with her, so I told my son, David, that we were going over to grammy's to "unruffle some feathers". As soon as we arrived at Grammy's house, David ran up to her and breathlessly exclaimed, "Grammy, we're here to straighten out your feathers!"
I Love this kid!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home