Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Newsweek doesn't really care

Here's a link to FirePower Forward, an Army Major in the thick of it in Iraq. The MSM does us a terrible disservice by not fully reporting on what a "riot" entails in this part of the world. Many people in the U.S. think a riot is just a bunch of people waving political placards, behaving rudely, spray painting buildings, and occasionally breaking windows. So what really happens when 16 people die in a riot? Click on the link above to get a little better flavor for it.

I am tremendously annoyed at Newsweek, especially their international division. Follow this link to learn more about The Day America Died. I wasn't really aware how Newsweek (and, I suppose, other international news magazines) tailor their content to influence the foreign audience. I'm also a little miffed that they would think Americans are so stupid that they can only be served fluff rather than the tripe they serve to other nationalities. But, given theirfar left leanings, I suppose I shouldn't really be terribly surprised.

Every service member is sworn to defend the constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Our constitution guarantees free speech. Free Speech, though, also carries responsibilities; Responsibilities that I believe Newsweek has failed to observe and carry out. Can or would I keep Newsweek from publishing? NO. So how does one force a non-natural person (such as Newsweek) to observe their responsibilities in addition to exercising their rights? This is the real question.

2 Comments:

At 8:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in complete agreement with you about all written material being responsible unless it is marked editorial.

 
At 3:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Uncle Jimmy,
I did not know what newsweek was doing. It seems to me that after you explained it to me, Newsweek is really not telling the truth.
Love,
Kaitlyn

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home